William "Bill" Le Page
Born : 14th August, 1924 - Melbourne,
Married : 1) Joan Page
Children :( Joan's ) Michael, Ruth [ Maree],
Nationality : Australian
The following sequence of images is from the video "Meher Baba, The Awakener"
India - 1954 : Bill follows Francis and he in turn is followed by fellow Australian, John Ballantyne.
|Bill Le Page|
14 August 1924
Chairman of the Avatars Abode Trust
Bill Le Page ( Born 14 August 1924 ) is an Australian businessman, a psychologist and a long time follower of Meher Baba.
At this gathering Western followers were invited to meet his Indian disciples, and Meher Baba gave darshan many thousands of people and had his Final Declaration
read out. Bill Le Page was one of select few Westerners who were invited to this event and he was one of only two men
ordered to meditate at midnight in Meher Baba's samadhi (tomb-shrine) in Meherabad, India
which has become a place of international pilgrimage.
He returned to India in 1962 for The East-West Gathering where the Universal Message was read by Meher Baba. In 1967 on his third visit to India received
personal directives from Meher Baba regarding Avatar's Abode's development. His last visit for Meher Baba's darshan was for the famous 1969 Darshan.
Spiritual Seeking and Early Contacts
After many years of spiritual searching Bill, age thirty, he found out about Meher Baba from the Australian Sufi leader Baron Von Frankenburg in 1947, and met Francis Brabazon a year later. Meher Baba visited Australia and stayed at Avatar's Abode in 1958 . As Francis Brabazon began spending increasing time in India with Meher Baba he was released from the work associated with Australia. Meher Baba called Bill Le Page Francis Brabazon's 'right hand' in Australia.
- Not We But One, by Bill Le Page, 1977, Avatar Meher Baba P.P.C Trust.
- It so Happened, by Bill Le Page, 1978, Meher House Publications.
- The Narrow Lane, by Meher Baba. Editor Bill Le Page, 1979, Meher Baba Foundation.
- Is That So? Talks by Eruch Jessawala compiled by Bill LePage, 1985, Meher Nazar Books.
- The Turning of the Key: Meher Baba in Australia, by Bill Le Page, 1993, Sheriar Press.
- Over the Years with Meher Baba, by Bill Le Page, 1999, Meher Baba Foundation.
- The Divine Humanity of Meher Baba Vol,1 by Bill Le Page, 2003, Sheriar Press.
- The Divine Humanity of Meher Baba Vol 2, by Bill Le Page, 2004, Sheriar Press.
- The Divine Humanity of Meher Baba Vol 3, by Bill Le Page, 2008, Sheriar Press.
- Three Incredible Weeks with Meher Baba: DVD Narrated by Bill Le Page, 2009, Technobaba Films.